United Breast Cancer Foundation is pleased to present to you this wonderful resource – the Treatment Journal Package. So, what is this resource? It is a set of documents you can download straight from our website to your computer and it’s free! These are essential documents to aid you or your caretaker as you make this journey in battling cancer.
What are these documents? They are spreadsheets to help you keep track of doctor appointments, medication and treatment. Additionally, a document labeled “Notice” is given. This document gives you additional tips and UBCF’s contact information.
Create a folder on your computer/ device titled “Treatment Journal” then download the documents and save to your new folder. Then create two more folders within the “Treatment Journal” folder labeled “Medical Reports” and “Scans”. These two folders will help you keep track of reports and scans and keep everything in one place!
How can this package benefit you?
- Relieves stress because you won’t have to worry memorizing or misplacing phone numbers
- You will be less likely to misplace doctor information
- You won’t have to take repeat scans for second opinions
- You can keep track of your medication and treatment
- You can have access to your files via mobile or a physical copy
- It’s your very own documents – so it’s secure and its catered to you
So, if this resource sounds like something you are someone you know can benefit from, be sure to let them know. It’s available and it’s free!
Treatment Journal Documents
In order to open these files, you will need:
Microsoft Excel 2007 or above (Store)
Adobe Reader (free download)
A tip: Use Google Drive to easily email and access your files on mobile devices.
- What is Google Drive?
- Google Driveis a file storage and synchronization service created by Google. It allows users to store files in the cloud, share files, and edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations with collaborators
- Download the file to your computer
- Unzip the file with WINZIP or other
- As it unlocks, drags the documents from the WINZIP Window to a folder on your computer.
- With this, now you don’t have to wait for WINZIP to unlock every time you want to open it
- Log in to your google account (you WILL need a google account to use any and all of Google Apps)
- Click Google Apps on the top right corner (by your avatar)
- Click the triangle symbol – “Google Drive”.
- From your computer folder, drag the folder and/or files into Google Drive. Once Google Drives finishes converting, — your files are ready to use!
Hint: When you upload an Excel or Word document to Google Drive, be sure to open the file in Google Docs:
Steps (click on images to enlarge):
Once it’s opened in Google Docs – you can now edit it from anywhere!
Hint: If you are more tablet/Smartphone savvy, there is a “Google Drive” app available at the App Store and Google Play. But to access these documents, you must first download to your computer.